- Home En
KB0127 - Add-in cannot save path to backend after GPO rollout
After the RC Add-in is installed through Group Policy Object (GPO), the following window appear at a client PC for you to configure the path to Resource Central Web Application:
If you click [Save], you might encounter the following message:
The reason of this issue is, that the user does not have sufficient access rights to save the path.
This situation can be avoided if the registry change is rolled out together with the add-in itself.
Depending on operating system on the client PC and the installation approach the location of the registry values should be rolled out according to this table:
In case the issue only happens on a few PCs, then sufficient access rights can be granted on the individual PC like this: “Read” permission should be granted to the user account so it can read the content of the registry folder mentioned above (according to your operating system and the installation approach).
To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Registry Editor (Windows + r --> type in “regedit” --> Enter).
- In Registry Editor, look for the folder where the registry values are stored.
- Right click on the folder, select “Permissions” from the menu:
- In the “Permissions for Resource Central” window, grant the permission to the client user account by clicking [Add] and select the account:
- Click [OK] and close the Registry Editor to finish.
Note: To grant the “Read” permission to user account, you must have the “Local Admin” rights.
Applies to: All versions of RC
Fixed in: RC 3.8
Reference: TFS #18291
Knowledge base ID: 0127
Last updated: Feb 23, 2016